Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Day 26

It was Thursday today and I felt that time really flies. And soon enough, it will be the 2nd interim of this project. Got to finish filming real soon as we still need to edit and animated. As for today, I had finished drawing the girl into flash and animating her eyes. Had some problems with her body posture and I couldn't get her hand in the correct angle. Luckily, I had some help and advice from my peers and the girl turned out to look human(hehe...). Spent about like 2-3 hours in front of the computer just to complete this drawing. Wonder how long I would take animating the chibi puppet and well, the puppet. I was hungry again, left my house with an empty stomach... But back to where I had stop, I waited for my members to return to the classroom so I can eat something in the canteen. After that, we will be shooting remaining scene.

Yup, it's was 5pm and while Vivien was resting, Yi Chuin and I tried to fix the problem of the computer screen having lines appearing on it in the video. Since Aaron knew about how to solve this problem, we drew while waiting for him to arrive. Then, we realised that we were left with only one minute of the tape. So, we took off to buy a new cassette tape and also ate before returning to school.

Went back to school to get our camera and props ready. We headed for the mac lab at level 6 as the screen will look fine in the video, because it's MAC! Then, we discussed about the camera angle and how I should actually tear the drawing out. Because we only had one try in this scene(due to the tearing part), we had to analyse everything perfectly before going straight to filming. After we had managed to film it down, me and Yi Chuin went ahead to shoot the flipping of my running scene. At first, the photos are reflecting too much light and Vivien even tried to block out the light from above. Luckily, we managed to find an angle that won't make the photos reflect too much light. So, we went on with our flipping part. I had took quite a few shots and Yi Chuin also wanted to take extra scene of flipping the photos faster. After completing all the shots, we finally gets to return to the 2D-animation lab. But to our dismay, no one was in the room and the lab was locked from the outside. The three of us went to find the security guard and luckily, he had help us tap. Maybe we should not had said that he was unfriendly. But he seems to be. Oh well, that's his job anyway.

I just miss bus 15... ...

No comments: